summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorUlrich Müller <ulm@gentoo.org>2020-10-24 11:44:03 +0200
committerUlrich Müller <ulm@gentoo.org>2020-10-24 11:44:03 +0200
commitb630eb0d4613165550a7a2112399676eb6badea4 (patch)
treec7f632a20fd1472a2c2009c940dea73d7ed24e4d
parentLog for 20200809 meeting. (diff)
downloadcouncil-b630eb0d4613165550a7a2112399676eb6badea4.tar.gz
council-b630eb0d4613165550a7a2112399676eb6badea4.tar.bz2
council-b630eb0d4613165550a7a2112399676eb6badea4.zip
Logs for 20200913 and 20201011 meetings.
License: CC-PDM-1.0 (raw IRC log, not copyrightable) Signed-off-by: Ulrich Müller <ulm@gentoo.org>
-rw-r--r--meeting-logs/20200913.txt83
-rw-r--r--meeting-logs/20200913.txt.asc11
-rw-r--r--meeting-logs/20201011.txt150
-rw-r--r--meeting-logs/20201011.txt.asc11
4 files changed, 255 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/meeting-logs/20200913.txt b/meeting-logs/20200913.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..5abad8c
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meeting-logs/20200913.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,83 @@
+<@ulm> !proj council
+<+willikins> (council@gentoo.org) dilfridge, gyakovlev, mattst88, slyfox, ulm,
+ whissi, williamh
+<@ulm> roll call [21:01]
+* slyfox here
+* mattst88 is here
+* gyakovlev here
+* Whissi here
+* WilliamH here
+* dilfridge here
+* ulm here
+<@ulm> agenda is here:
+ https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev-announce/message/d88dd584fbecf35c0a607d59b59c2935
+<@ulm> so expect it to be a quick meeting :)
+<@ulm> Open bugs with Council participation [21:02]
+<@ulm> bug 662982
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/662982 "[TRACKER] New default
+ locations for the Gentoo repository, distfiles, and binary
+ packages"; Gentoo Linux, Current packages; CONF;
+ zmedico:dev-portage
+<@ulm> does anyony know if there's progress?
+<@ulm> *anyone
+<@Whissi> On mirrors we have both files
+<@ulm> ok, so can we close that bug, or are there any remaining issues?
+ [21:03]
+<@Whissi> I would keep it open until the old file was killed
+<@ulm> k
+<@dilfridge> so let's kill the old file!
+<@gyakovlev> https://bugs.gentoo.org/574752 - I believe this one is a blocker.
+<@mattst88> AFAIK all the stage builds were updated a while ago [21:04]
+<@ulm> yeah, let's revisit net month
+<@ulm> bug 687938
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/687938 "QA lead approval 2020: soap
+ edition"; Gentoo Council, unspecified; RESO, FIXE; mgorny:council
+<@ulm> it's already closed, just mentioning it so it'll be in the log [21:05]
+<@ulm> bug 688876
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/688876 "Comrel webpage does not
+ document expectations of privacy"; Community Relations, Developer
+ Relations; CONF; rich0:comrel
+<@ulm> we're only in CC there, and I think there's nothing actionable for us,
+ for the time being [21:06]
+<@ulm> bug 729062
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/729062 "Services and Software which
+ is critical for Gentoo should be developed/run in the Gentoo
+ namespace"; Gentoo Council, unspecified; IN_P; jstein:council
+<@Whissi> Just posted RFC to dev mailing list. Should be ready next month.
+ [21:07]
+<@ulm> k
+<@ulm> so we move on?
+<@slyfox> yup
+<@ulm> bug 736760
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/736760 "Application to Software
+ Freedom Conservancy"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF;
+ mgorny:trustees
+<@ulm> not actionable for now [21:08]
+<@ulm> another bug that I should have filed :) several meeting summaries are
+ still missing [21:09]
+<@dilfridge> soon, schedule starts to look better :/
+<@ulm> so please add them, everybody [21:10]
+<@Whissi> gyakovlev / mattst88: You are also working on it?
+<@gyakovlev> I remember mine, just need to pull drive out of old desktop.
+<@mattst88> yes, some personal stuff has gotten in the way. hopefully will be
+ resolved next week
+<@ulm> k
+<@ulm> otherwise, I'll file a bug until next meeting :/ [21:11]
+<@ulm> so
+<@ulm> open floor
+<@ulm> anyone?
+<@slyfox> :D-\-<
+<@mattst88> lol [21:12]
+<@ulm> seems not [21:13]
+* ulm bangs the gavel
+<@slyfox> \o/ [21:14]
+<@ulm> meeting closed
+<@dilfridge> \o/
+<@Whissi> \o/
+<@slyfox> That was quick. Thank you!
+<@Whissi> Thank you for chairing!
+*** ulm (~ulm@gentoo/developer/ulm) has set the topic for #gentoo-council:
+ "205th meeting: 2020-10-11 19:00 UTC |
+ https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201011T19 |
+ https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council |
+ https://dev.gentoo.org/~dilfridge/decisions.html"
diff --git a/meeting-logs/20200913.txt.asc b/meeting-logs/20200913.txt.asc
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..17535c4
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meeting-logs/20200913.txt.asc
@@ -0,0 +1,11 @@
+-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
+
+iQEzBAABCAAdFiEEZlHkP3TnuTbxrN0HwwkGhRxhwnMFAl+T9v8ACgkQwwkGhRxh
+wnO2vAf/eb0PZED9eHUQl5MqaV5kqjAd5wFzxHoe+G0aeQlNm1Fxa4LZB3bwjJFB
+VW2xALazVkW3OhhPavNVh+WlK2M4ewsU5MXx0qGO7pV2NLT57+Zl6xm9UGpUedgj
+bpHERMFIxVJE0DRBAa2xc0z7HKLfRLi3cfHFwZlsB9ZpNtU18gEwY++/asPT/x0c
+Xd8amdOuijh8XarZRXQsj4sZDwGRKmebNW1DJebLtLgdT80/vfcL9jHkNqscZm8b
+Hf2Iyf7e+fzCnoWaMTeKW+LwzVatWr0K4wDzpTvDSHQjFbXAu/CrAoHu2TdzrESN
+cx5dKsiJH6SA3u5lLuHJ3lEZmqBAeA==
+=+53s
+-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
diff --git a/meeting-logs/20201011.txt b/meeting-logs/20201011.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..b8a4abd
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meeting-logs/20201011.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,150 @@
+<@ulm> meeting time [21:00]
+<@ulm> agenda:
+ https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev-announce/message/1fc299e7662ee2e30cfb1813c13cd7ca
+<@ulm> !proj council
+<+willikins> (council@gentoo.org) dilfridge, gyakovlev, mattst88, slyfox, ulm,
+ whissi, williamh
+<@ulm> roll call
+* slyfox here
+* gyakovlev here
+* Whissi here
+* WilliamH here
+<@ulm> dilfridge? mattst88? [21:02]
+* dilfridge here
+<@mattst88> hello! [21:03]
+* ulm here
+<@slyfox> \o/ [21:04]
+<@mattst88> sorry, cat took over my lap :)
+<@ulm> so, let's start
+<@slyfox> pic or didn't happen :)
+<@ulm> Open bugs with Council participation
+<@ulm> bug 662982
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/662982 "[TRACKER] New default
+ locations for the Gentoo repository, distfiles, and binary
+ packages"; Gentoo Linux, Current packages; CONF;
+ zmedico:dev-portage
+<@ulm> that's still waiting for its blocker bug 574752
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/574752 "Rename portage-YYYYMMDD.tar*
+ snapshots with gentoo-YYYYMMDD.tar*"; Gentoo Infrastructure,
+ Other; IN_P; mgorny:infra-bugs
+<@ulm> which is stalled because of the topdir renaming from "portage" to
+ "gentoo-YYYYMMDD" [21:05]
+<@Whissi> The files are on mirror... will ping portage team what is required
+ to do the switch.
+<@ulm> I wonder what would be the issue with naming it gentoo? [21:06]
+<@dilfridge> we could just rename ourselves to "portage linux", that might go
+ faster
+<@mattst88> lol
+<@WilliamH> ulm: I also have wondered why they need the date in the directory
+ name.
+<@ulm> dilfridge: the problem is that the diffs explode if the topdir name
+ changes between snapshots
+<@WilliamH> ulm: correct. [21:07]
+<@dilfridge> right
+<@WilliamH> so the dir name should be constant
+<@ulm> my simple minded solution would be _not_ to rename it :)
+<@ulm> anyone wants to bring forward a motion? :) [21:08]
+<@Whissi> No, we already half-way + one step
+<@Whissi> We will get to the finish!
+<@WilliamH> I motion that the directory name in the snapshots be "gentoo"
+ without the date.
+<@dilfridge> finnish?
+<@dilfridge> WilliamH++
+<@ulm> please vote on WilliamH's motion [21:09]
+* dilfridge yes
+<@Whissi> No. No new vote.
+* WilliamH yes
+<@Whissi> Why do you want to change anything? Can you explain that first?
+<@ulm> Whissi: the top-level dir used to be named "portage" without a date
+ extension
+<@WilliamH> Whissi: it has been explained. having the date in the directory
+ name explodes the diff
+<@Whissi> We do --strip-components for that...
+<@ulm> Whissi: for creating the diff? [21:10]
+<@Whissi> I don't know what you are suddenly talking about.
+<veremitz> iirc hasn't robbat2 and zmedico mitigated that issue already?
+<@WilliamH> There was no reason given for changing the name of the top level
+ directory.
+<@Whissi> I am still at gentoo-YYYYMMDD.tar*
+<@Whissi> And the last progress was that this file is now available
+<@ulm> ok, maybe it's wise to table this until next month and get more
+ information [21:11]
+<@Whissi> So at one point we will just switch and no longer provide old
+ tarball
+<@WilliamH> We keep tabling this.
+<@WilliamH> Why can't we just get it done?
+<@ulm> voting seems a little too knee-jerk right now
+<@Whissi> Maybe because nobody really knows the exact status.
+<@WilliamH> If we have to revert back we should to get it done since this is
+ such a blocker. [21:12]
+<@ulm> but we should ask infra and/or the portage team why they need a date
+ extension now
+<@WilliamH> ulm: ++
+<@Whissi> I can volunteer to get bug updated with current status and what's
+ blocking.
+<@slyfox> sounds good!
+<@ulm> Whissi: please do, thanks [21:13]
+<@ulm> so, voting is aborted
+<@WilliamH> Ok fwm.
+<@ulm> anyone else wants to comment on this?
+<@WilliamH> There was no need before for the date in the dir name so I agree
+ that needs to be explained.
+<@ulm> let's move on [21:14]
+<@ulm> but 688876
+<@ulm> bug 688876
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/688876 "Comrel webpage does not
+ document expectations of privacy"; Community Relations, Developer
+ Relations; CONF; rich0:comrel
+<@WilliamH> I guess we are just monitoring that
+<@ulm> we're only in cc, I don't see anything actionable for council
+<@slyfox> Worth asking the update in the bug.
+<@ulm> slyfox: can you do please?
+<@slyfox> Will do [21:15]
+<@ulm> k
+<@ulm> bug 729062
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/729062 "Services and Software which
+ is critical for Gentoo should be developed/run in the Gentoo
+ namespace"; Gentoo Council, unspecified; IN_P; jstein:council
+<@mattst88> yeah, seems reasonable to ask ComRel to respond
+<@Whissi> Discussion not yet finished. No motion called yet.
+<@WilliamH> I don't think that's actionable either.
+<@ulm> yeah, let's wait for the result of the discussion [21:16]
+<@ulm> or for its dying down :/
+<@ulm> bug 736760
+<+willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/736760 "Application to Software
+ Freedom Conservancy"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF;
+ mgorny:trustees
+<@ulm> nothing actionable there either atm
+<@WilliamH> Right.
+<@gyakovlev> it's in progress
+<@gyakovlev> but yeah
+<@ulm> so [21:18]
+<@ulm> opemn floor
+<@ulm> *open
+<@ulm> anyone?
+<@mattst88> just as an aside: I've finished up my personal stuff that was
+ sucking my time as of Friday, so I'll get the meeting minutes for
+ the two months I chaired out today [21:19]
+<@slyfox> woohooo!
+<@ulm> good :)
+<@ulm> september is missing too, I guess I'll do it together with this one
+ [21:20]
+<@gyakovlev> and I almost got my log out of drives from dead machine. raid
+ card arrives today, which will help me get data out.
+<@ulm> so, looks like there's nothing else on open floor [21:21]
+<@ulm> meeting is closed then
+<@dilfridge> \o/
+<@Whissi> \o/
+<@Whissi> Thank you for chairing!
+<@slyfox> Thanks all!
+* gyakovlev goes to sleep
+*** ulm (~ulm@gentoo/developer/ulm) has set the topic for #gentoo-council:
+ "206th meeting: 2020-11-08 19:00 UTC |
+ https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201108T19 |
+ https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council |
+ https://dev.gentoo.org/~dilfridge/decisions.html"
+<@gyakovlev> thanks
+<@ulm> gyakovlev: you'll be chairing next month [21:22]
+<@gyakovlev> ack
+<@ulm> and everyone note end of daylight saving time
+* gyakovlev settiing up reminders
diff --git a/meeting-logs/20201011.txt.asc b/meeting-logs/20201011.txt.asc
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..db46df3
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meeting-logs/20201011.txt.asc
@@ -0,0 +1,11 @@
+-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
+
+iQEzBAABCAAdFiEEZlHkP3TnuTbxrN0HwwkGhRxhwnMFAl+T9v8ACgkQwwkGhRxh
+wnNTkAf+MDTI8MVy7l21jb4bHZs1HS/eI1WI1Oano+nBXJOxQl9pDj+LYEo4ivUf
+hSo7jOpgwYZ+qMR+12oIYPV3Gs3WFvt+QDDg7zSOX2H6IMXnh00q4bgpZJnzpknf
+YYuOzBQz0ttInTZSTHDelre2yVsKr5V6xq299uMXm9BrYsLoRZX/1+fGmmq/8GOU
+Auaz8yIPyuA0L1TjaCu/19b+ibwH16Op0o/eA7fXhwDaT3Hj/qAzSgoeTMNFFbNY
+4p7hmntM+Nti7vh5Sn2fnG7FfZT+B+DfrPIVdEjbMGGuwztBrcY2a7yyrI5WTNlZ
+p8xjKks8Yy5YFmBimuWRKOg6VEmaBg==
+=s+P0
+-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----