summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorThomas Deutschmann <whissi@gentoo.org>2019-06-16 17:10:25 +0200
committerThomas Deutschmann <whissi@gentoo.org>2019-06-16 17:10:25 +0200
commitd6bddd3a2717767f899e8488b4c7cce6471801fb (patch)
treed776036f75135ad188b5b18df2c6ceb87468845c
parentcouncil/meeting-logs: add 20181209 logs summary (diff)
downloadcouncil-d6bddd3a2717767f899e8488b4c7cce6471801fb.tar.gz
council-d6bddd3a2717767f899e8488b4c7cce6471801fb.tar.bz2
council-d6bddd3a2717767f899e8488b4c7cce6471801fb.zip
council/meeting-logs: add 20190609 raw log
Signed-off-by: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@gentoo.org>
-rw-r--r--meeting-logs/20190609.txt112
-rw-r--r--meeting-logs/20190609.txt.asc14
2 files changed, 126 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/meeting-logs/20190609.txt b/meeting-logs/20190609.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..9224542
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meeting-logs/20190609.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,112 @@
+[2019-06-09 - 19:00:31]<Whissi> !proj council
+[2019-06-09 - 19:00:32]<willikins> Whissi: (council@gentoo.org) dilfridge, k_f, leio, slyfox, ulm, whissi, williamh
+[2019-06-09 - 19:00:39]<slyfox> \o/
+[2019-06-09 - 19:00:43]<Whissi> Let's get the 189th meeting started, agenda: https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/8e816efbd4d691caef0dce3a50118845
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:01]<Whissi> Roll call. :)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:05]* tamiko here proxying for dilfridge
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:06]* leio here
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:07]* WilliamH here
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:07]* slyfox here
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:08]* ulm here
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:08]* K_F here
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:13]* Whissi here
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:47]<Whissi> Are we OK with tamiko proxying? Haven't seen a msg from dilfridge confirming but...
+[2019-06-09 - 19:01:54]<slyfox> i am
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:05]<WilliamH> fwm
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:13]<ulm> +1
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:14]<slyfox> from #-toolchain: 13:14:59 <@dilfridge> tamiko: would you have time to proxy me in the meeting today?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:23]<Whissi> OK.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:26]<K_F> good enough for me
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:45]<Whissi> 2. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council#Open_bugs_with_Council_participation
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:49]<K_F> and dilfridge did mention he'd try to find a proxy.. but I prefer it being sent to council alias
+[2019-06-09 - 19:02:59]<tamiko> :-) I understand.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:04]<Whissi> bug 677824
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:06]<willikins> Whissi: https://bugs.gentoo.org/677824 "Deferred decision: Forums (specifically OTW)"; Gentoo Council, unspecified; IN_P; k_f:council
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:19]<Whissi> Nothing really to do yet... discussion started this week.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:27]<K_F> likely too early to do anything about it, but discussion started
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:29]<WilliamH> fwm
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:39]<Whissi> bug 637328
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:41]<willikins> Whissi: https://bugs.gentoo.org/637328 "GLEP 14 needs to be updated"; Documentation, GLEP Changes; IN_P; mgorny:security
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:51]<Whissi> No update this month. :>
+[2019-06-09 - 19:03:57]<K_F> that is being worked on but no update
+[2019-06-09 - 19:04:29]<Whissi> No more bugs left.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:04:42]<slyfox> \o/
+[2019-06-09 - 19:04:56]<Whissi> 3. Open floor
+[2019-06-09 - 19:05:14]<ulm> Whissi: what aobut bug 662982?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:05:16]<willikins> ulm: https://bugs.gentoo.org/662982 "[TRACKER] New default locations for the Gentoo repository, distfiles, and binary packages"; Gentoo Linux, Current packages; CONF; zmedico:dev-portage
+[2019-06-09 - 19:05:35]<Whissi> Oh, I skipped due to "tracker"
+[2019-06-09 - 19:06:05]<ulm> but you wanted to track progress, or at least you had said so in a previous meeting?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:06:16]<ulm> april, iirc
+[2019-06-09 - 19:07:11]<Whissi> Yes.. well, but there's a deadlock.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:07:28]<WilliamH> Whissi: we should try to break the deadlock. ;-)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:07:45]<K_F> are there any actual problems ?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:07:49]<WilliamH> or find out why it hasn't been broken.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:08:02]<Whissi> We won't have all tools ready at the same time.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:08:12]<Whissi> So there will be 'a breakage'
+[2019-06-09 - 19:08:23]<WilliamH> Whissi: where will the breakage be?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:08:36]<slyfox> sounds like an implementation detail
+[2019-06-09 - 19:08:46]<Whissi> Goal is to get stages working first... everything else will come later.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:09:18]<ulm> well, portage has been updated, as well as the handbook
+[2019-06-09 - 19:09:21]<WilliamH> so why can't we get it done? What will break?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:09:33]<ulm> so doesn't make much sense if stages still have the old locations
+[2019-06-09 - 19:10:36]<WilliamH> ulm: has portage been updated? stable portage on my system still has everything in /usr/portage...
+[2019-06-09 - 19:11:13]<ulm> WilliamH: I think for existing systems it looks at the current repo location
+[2019-06-09 - 19:11:17]<Whissi> YOU have to switch.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:11:31]<ulm> WilliamH: and if that's still /usr/portage it will use old locations
+[2019-06-09 - 19:11:45]<K_F> yeah, anything but that doesn't make sense, but new systems should default to the new location
+[2019-06-09 - 19:11:54]<WilliamH> How do you migrate then?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:11:56]<K_F> so a bit odd it takes so long to get it done
+[2019-06-09 - 19:12:18]<WilliamH> I haven't seen any docs on exactly how to switch.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:12:41]<K_F> https://bugs.gentoo.org/686618 comment 1 has the following info on it
+[2019-06-09 - 19:12:46]<K_F> For compability with existing gentoo installations that still use the old /usr/portage location, the ebuild automatically adjusts the defaults back to the old values so that no user intervention is needed. This will also apply to stages built by catalyst until catalyst is updated to use the new defaults (bug 684908).
+[2019-06-09 - 19:12:48]<willikins> K_F: https://bugs.gentoo.org/684908 "dev-util/catalyst: migrate to new PORTDIR, PKGDIR, and DISTDIR default settings approved by council"; Gentoo Hosted Projects, Catalyst; CONF; zmedico:catalyst
+[2019-06-09 - 19:12:53]<Whissi> WilliamH: mv /usr/portage/distfiles /var/cache/distfiles && mv /usr/portage /var/db/repos/gentoo -> Edit PORTDIR/DISTDIR/PKGDIR variable in make.conf.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:13:07]<Whissi> *your
+[2019-06-09 - 19:13:24]<ulm> Whissi: /etc/portage/repos.conf too
+[2019-06-09 - 19:13:30]<tamiko> Isn't this a simple matter of populating the *DIR variables in make.conf in the catalyst stages correctly?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:14:07]<Whissi> In the end it is. Like 17.1 profile switch... but..
+[2019-06-09 - 19:14:51]<Whissi> Also webrsync causing problems with new name.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:15:22]<dwfreed> catalyst is already updated to use the new paths
+[2019-06-09 - 19:16:00]<WilliamH> my make.globals still points to /usr/portage for a few things.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:16:49]<ulm> WilliamH: RPMDIR="/usr/portage/rpm" ?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:17:03]<ulm> looks like a bug
+[2019-06-09 - 19:17:20]<dwfreed> I think the code is live on nightheron, the infra box that builds x86/amd64 stages, but iamben would know for sure
+[2019-06-09 - 19:17:24]<WilliamH> and distdir
+[2019-06-09 - 19:17:27]<ulm> but who's using rpms anyway :)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:17:52]<ulm> distdir will be updated when you've migrated and reinstall portage
+[2019-06-09 - 19:18:24]<Whissi> dwfreed: But current stage3 tarballs still have set PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
+[2019-06-09 - 19:18:47]<dwfreed> Whissi: then it's likely I'm wrong about the code being live
+[2019-06-09 - 19:19:08]<dwfreed> Whissi: poke iamben about getting it live :)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:19:23]<Whissi> stage3-amd64-20190605T214501Z.tar.xz is the one I checked.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:19:54]<Whissi> I'll do.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:21:02]<WilliamH> ulm: it looks like PKGDIR is already fixed. :-)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:21:11]<K_F> sounds good, please just add a status update on tracker if you get some more info on ETA
+[2019-06-09 - 19:22:11]<Whissi> I'll also add information about the deadlock. Wasn't prepared for this today as I skipped bug due to "Uh, just a tracker". Sorry.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:22:25]<K_F> np :)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:23:16]<Whissi> Anything else to add or can we move to open floor?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:23:24]<K_F> but if a certain kind of breakage is needed for progress, a council decision on it is likely good , so the bug should likely be included in future meetings as well
+[2019-06-09 - 19:24:01]<K_F> but indeed, open floor sounds good
+[2019-06-09 - 19:24:20]<Whissi> ulm?
+[2019-06-09 - 19:24:27]<tamiko> :-D
+[2019-06-09 - 19:24:50]<ulm> Whissi: sure
+[2019-06-09 - 19:25:11]<Whissi> <Whissi> 3. Open floor
+[2019-06-09 - 19:25:14]<leio> What's the status with only "Gentoo Authors" in gentoo.git ebuilds? bug 670702 follow-up, et al
+[2019-06-09 - 19:25:16]<willikins> leio: https://bugs.gentoo.org/670702 "sys-apps/util-linux-2.33: Header does not comply with GLEP 76"; Gentoo Linux, Current packages; RESO, FIXE; ulm:base-system
+[2019-06-09 - 19:25:57]<ulm> repoman will output a warning if there's anything else
+[2019-06-09 - 19:26:13]<Whissi> When we update update next time, we will 'fix' copyright. But I don't see a need to edit just for copyright..
+[2019-06-09 - 19:26:54]<K_F> Whissi: I tend to agree
+[2019-06-09 - 19:26:55]<ulm> Whissi: exactly
+[2019-06-09 - 19:27:13]<leio> It has been updated many times since, and repoman doesn't make a beep here (but I don't have the latest ~arch).
+[2019-06-09 - 19:27:57]<ulm> leio: it's in ~arch since about a week
+[2019-06-09 - 19:28:11]<leio> ok
+[2019-06-09 - 19:28:15]<ulm> so not expected to be stable yet
+[2019-06-09 - 19:28:44]<leio> I meant util-linux has been updated many times since; but I was missing that repoman only recently started warning, to draw attention to it
+[2019-06-09 - 19:28:48]<leio> next topic then :)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:29:48]<Whissi> I'll fix util-linux-2.33.2+ copyrhight later due to bug 686166
+[2019-06-09 - 19:29:50]<willikins> Whissi: https://bugs.gentoo.org/686166 "sys-apps/util-linux-2.33.2 stable request"; Gentoo Linux, Stabilization; CONF; gentoo-bug:base-system
+[2019-06-09 - 19:31:21]<Whissi> Is there another topic someone wants to discuss with current council? Last chance...
+[2019-06-09 - 19:32:31]<slyfox> nope
+[2019-06-09 - 19:32:37]<tamiko> Seems to be rather quiet today :-)
+[2019-06-09 - 19:33:10]<K_F> tamiko: pentecost weekend ..
+[2019-06-09 - 19:33:42]<tamiko> Jup.
+[2019-06-09 - 19:35:08]* Whissi bangs the gavel, meeting closed.
diff --git a/meeting-logs/20190609.txt.asc b/meeting-logs/20190609.txt.asc
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..1a66709
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meeting-logs/20190609.txt.asc
@@ -0,0 +1,14 @@
+-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
+Version: GnuPG v2
+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+=lsrj
+-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----